Monday, April 13, 2009

Elmo gotta get on up, get down, get up

These videos were taken Feb. 27. It is amazing to me how much Ruth's hair has grown since then. She is in need of another haircut. Although it is not on the video, when she hears the Elmo song (or when we sing it) she will start doing jazz hands. Yes, dancer friends, actual jazz hands. Better than some of my former students. I guess we can say she is officially walking. She took 11 steps the first week of March and then pretty much decided that crawling was better. But last week she started walking more and this weekend she walked all over the house, falling down some but then getting right back up and walking some more.

On Saturday we drove up to Berry College in search of a pretty place to have our family pictures taken in a couple of weeks. The weather was chilly and the skies were overcast. It made for perfect photo conditions. We took some and will post them soon. Sunday was Ruth's first Easter at church. If you will remember, last year Easter was much earlier. In fact, Ruth was two weeks old on Easter last year and we did not go to church. The rest of the day was spent keeping Ruth out of things and listening to her whine. I will say that when this poor kid is off her schedule and doesn't get what she wants, she can be quite unpleasant. We did take her outside with sidewalk chalk and had fun on the sunny afternoon.

On another note, I have been named the official safety officer for the Berry house. I gave myself this title on Friday evening when my husband came home right before the storm hit and proceed to go about his day not paying any attention to the impending tornadoes. The sirens did go off and we did go to the basement but other than some hail, rain and wind, I don't think anything drastic happened. Please remember that I lived in Norman, OK for three years and was in an actual tornado in Little Rock. I know how to be prepared. For those of you who have never lived in Oklahoma, the weather people outside of OKC are pretty much worthless when it comes to storms, and this includes the Weather Channel. I so miss Gary England and the CBS weather team in OKC. I would literally get up in the middle of the night and turn on the TV only to hear Gary say, "It is only wind, go back to bed." And I would because that is how much I trusted Gary England. When you hear the weather people here say, "We aren't sure if this is a tornado or not," you know you are on your own. Thank goodness I am this family's safety officer and not Brian.

Brian has promised to get me a sash before the next storm hits.

3 comments:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Emma has that same onesie and the kids got that same Bounce and Spin toy for their bday. I miss Gary England too. An interesting fact...my great-aunt Barbara dated Gary England. Isn't that crazy?! Hopefully, we'll all get some nice weather soon! It was a cold, wet, rainy and windy Easter for us!

Kara and Travis said...

I love the Elmo video. You are right, Eston would love him! She is such a sweet little girl!

Anonymous said...

That was the "Jazz Hands!" video you were talking about. I love it when Ruth is trying to touch elmo, she is so cute!