Friday, April 10, 2009

I am uploading a video while I watch the clouds build out the office window. We are expecting storms today and I can see that today is going to be a stressful day for me. At least I come by it honestly. My father is very scared of storms. I remember as a child when I shared a room with my sister Malory, on stormy nights she would put our shoes at the edge of the bed on the floor so that "in the middle of the night when we have to go to the cellar, our shoes will be right here for us." I have Ruth in the crib taking her morning nap right now, a little early, just so she can get some sleep in before we have to dash to the basement. It has started to rain now. If I thought this was going to be a calm, rainy day, I would love it. But since storms are predicted and I am sure we have all seen the damaging tornado in Mena, AR, I will probably be watchful all day. Ruth and I had planned to go shopping today, and I was really looking forward to it. But with this threat of bad weather, I decided on best plan of action was to stay put at home.

This video was taken the week prior to the big bike accident (see earlier posts). Enjoy.

2 comments:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Natalie, we too believe in "spare the rod and spoil the child." Aaron and I both grew up with spankings as punishment, and I think we turned out fine. I agree that there is a proper time, place, and way to do this...but there are FAAAAR too many children in this world that could benefit from a swat given in love. I'll stop there, lest I further offend people. Ruth and Emma have very similar personalities. It seems that Ruth is passionate, independent and strong-willed. So is Emma. Emma also HATES to have anything put on her head. If I tried to put a bike helmet on her, I'm sure all hell would break loose. Good luck with the feeding. My kids favorite veggies are carrots and sweet potatoes.

The Berry Family said...

Who is graggg?