Monday, February 23, 2009

Money, Money, Money (Money!)

On Saturday the Berry family loaded up and went shopping. I figured it was the time of year when stores deeply discount winter clothes to make room for spring and we were planning to get Ruth's clothes for next year. Unfortunately, we were a little late - only Macy's had deeply discounted winter clothes in one of their clearance events. However, pickings were slim. I have also decided that spring clothes are cuter. I bought Ruth several very expensive dresses for next to nothing last summer that she is just now wearing. But this is how we fared on Saturday:

Christmas cord dress with long sleeve onesie underneath
long sleeve layered look top with pants
awesome black velvet "dance" pants (mommy wears these all the time)
turtleneck sweater
short sleeve velvet dress with tights (the color matches her eyes)
zip up faux velvet jacket
dressy skirt with cardigan and sweater shell underneath

All of this at normal price BEFORE tax would have cost $226.48. We paid AFTER tax $60.70

Rock on. My mother taught me well. We very rarely pay full price for anything. To some that would be an embarrassment. I have heard people say when I tell them how little I paid for something say "don't tell anyone that" like I should be ashamed to buy clearance. I say why would I pay full price just to because I am too prideful to shop clearance? I LOVE getting a good deal and love bragging about it - hence this post. I also want to encourage others to shop clearance (as long as you aren't shopping for little girl clothes in my market).

Capitalism is built on producing a good product at a price that people will pay. I am merely taking advantage of a capitalist society - while we have one.

Before I get on a soapbox about how I can see our society turning into one similar to China and other countries that aren't Christian or allow Christianity, I should go. Ruth is at school and I have limited time to work on choreography for my students.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Oh Nat...I'm sorry to hear that Ruth isn't feeling well again! It sounds like she's picked up a stomach bug. Aaron and I both had it, and I've heard about a lot of people getting it. I hope it's short-lived! Get well, Ruth!!!

Are you guys planning a big first birthday party???