Friday, May 22, 2009

Our Trip to Arkansas

No pictures yet.

Ruth and I flew to Memphis on Saturday. My parents drove over to pick us up and took us back on Wednesday. We had a good trip. Ruth learned to say "kitty" and did so in a very high voice. She loved my mother's cat, and anytime we were outside she would call for the cat to come to her. Ruth also enjoyed seeing the cows in the field. I didn't get any pictures of her with the cows but she laughed when they mooed. I still can't get her to say moo though.

Everything was so green due to the rain they have had. The weather reminded me of when Brian and I were in Maine on our honeymoon. Cool mornings turning into warm afternoons surrounded by sunlight. I let Ruth run around in the yard smelling flowers and chasing the cat. The first thing Brian said about Ruth when he picked us up was that she looked older - probably due to the sun exposure she received. She was certainly spoiled by my parents.

After surviving eleven weeks of pregnancy without getting sick, this morning I lost my breakfast. I have been queasy for almost two weeks but this morning it got the better of me. Ruth and I happened to be in the kitchen when it happened. Thank goodness for garbage disposals. The event scared Ruth. I don't know who made more noise, Ruth crying or me.

One last thing about Ruth. For the past six weeks or so Ruth has a new way to show someone she cares: she rubs noses. She does this frequently. When we were in Arkansas Ruth and I had to sleep together. She would toss and turn and get up and rub noses with me for 30 to 45 minutes each night. I guess she was so happy she wasn't sleeping alone.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Sounds like it was a fun trip. I love the rubbing noses thing. So so sweet! Feel better soon!