Sunday, November 16, 2008

Eat It, Just Eat It


Weird Al must have been singing to Ruth when he remade Michael Jackson's song. Little Ruth is not taking the bottle. A week and a half ago Ruth and I went back to her GI doctor, Dr. Patel. You may remember from another post that we were cleared not to go back. Ruth was eating six to eight ounces five times a day for a total of 31- 34 ounces a day. But this past week she slowed down a little. I took her to the doctor on Thursday (just the pediatrician) and was told she was fine but to watch her over the weekend. Thursday she only ate 22 ounces and then Friday was only 12 and Saturday was only 10.5. Needless to say, I am stressed. Brian was out of town some last week and I did not handle the stress of Ruth not eating well. I have promised Brian that for the next seven days I will defer to him and if he says not to be stressed, I am going to trust him. But it will be hard. I will be calling the doctor again on Monday.

We have tried giving her milk in a several different kinds of sippy cups and an open cup. The kid will not have it. We have tried different formula. She will take watered down juice but just a little. She is eating food fine but she still needs milk and liquid. I am losing my mind and have been in quite a panic. To make matters worse, we had to take me to urgent care Saturday morning. I had intense pain in my abdominal and pelvic region. Come to find out, I have a bladder infection and am full of crap. Yes, literally. Now, I know that this may be too much information for some of you and others will appreciate the irony. So, I am on a liquid diet for two days (although Brian did let me cheat last night) and on some really horrible tasting medication. I have been so worried about Ruth and it turns out I have not been drinking enough either.

So if you will please remember Ruth and her eating in your prayer time, I would so appreciate it. Also, we met a little four month old girl named Jessie at the doctor last week who has sleep apeana. She stops breathing when she gets in a deep sleep. Her poor mother stays up at night to watch her sleep and is not getting any sleep herself. Please remember them as well.

Here is a picture from Halloween with our favorite bagger at Kroger, Mr. Robert.

1 comment:

annie said...

We'll be praying for little Ruth! Don't worry, I was scolded, too, at Sarah Ellyn's 9 month appointment. She had only gained 1 pound in three months. AND her head was "off the charts" so we had to head to Scottish Rite to have an ultrasound. Everything's fine though. Sometimes I think these docs are just a little too overbearing. Anywho, we'll remember Ruth each night in our prayers.
PS: What's your trick to getting her to eat solids? SEB takes 5 bites, and then refuses any more. Argh!
-Annie Brackett