Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Weekend, no catchy title

On Saturday we went to an albinism parents' meeting at the Center for the Visually Impaired. Our speaker was a high school student with albinism who is legally blind (20/600) and a state bowling champion!! Other parents there also had preschoolers or young elementary students. A couple of kids had ocular albinism like Ruth. Our little family then spent some time in Atlantic Station and enjoyed lunch and the city atmosphere.

Saturday night the Target pharmacists got together at a Dave and Buster's for a little fun. Ms. Leigh Ann was out of town with her family enjoying the weekend but our friend Ms. Amanda Owen agreed to keep Ruth. I must admit that I was nervous having someone new keep Ruth at bedtime but both seemed to survive the night. Brian and I really appreciate Ms. Amanda for giving us a night to be people and not parents. I kicked Brian's butt at shooting hoops and skee ball (getting my first hole in the 100 a couple of times). It was a great night.

Sunday we got to have lunch with Phillip and Carolyn (I hope I spelled your names right) from church. They are an older than us couple that we have come to know. We enjoyed getting to visit with them and hear about their kids and grandkids. And thanks again for the great pancakes!!!!

Sunday afternoon we were so excited to see our friends Candice and Andrew and Caroline. Caroline has grown so much!! She was walking around and even played with Ruth like she was teasing her with a toy. Ruth loved it. I got to talk to Candice about parenting like we used to (I miss you!!!) and Brian and Andy played Wii Sports. I don't know who won those games. I like to protect the innocent.

I know, still no pictures but soon. We should have our CDs from the seven month shoot and although the link is in another entry, we will put up some pictures here.

2 comments:

The Montanaro's said...

Man I miss the Atlanta Target Pharmacy crew. I'm sure you guys had a blast. We still haven't found a babysitter (other than the nanny) so we don't go out much. I, like you, am nervous about leaving Quin with anyone even though he is almost 8 months old! Tell Brian I said Hi. I haven't talked to him in ages.

Mimi said...

Hello Ruth, Please tell Mommy and Daddy that we missed them in church this morning. We sure did enjoy having lunch with you last week and you were so good at the table. Be a sweet girl and drink lots and lots this week for Mommy and Daddy. See you next Sunday, Carolyn and Philip.