Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hogs and Hokies

As I sit in the hotel room watching my husband's beloved Hokies fight for the chance to play in the ACC, Ruth sleeps in her travel crib. Brian had to work in Warner-Robbins this weekend and so, rather than stay at the house for three very long days by myself, Ruth and I came down with him.

Yesterday Ruth slept through most of the Razorback game and I did take a nap during the third quarter but we saw the all important end. Let's hope today turns out as well.

We celebrated our first Thanksgiving with just us this year. I cooked my first Thanksgiving meal and Brian said it turned out good. We played with Ruth in the yard after lunch and then put up our Christmas tree that night. We decided at dinner to drive to Warner-Robbins Thursday night after Ruth's bath so we wouldn't have to get up so early Friday morning and fight black Friday traffic. I am glad we did. I have never seen so many cars on the road down here like I did when I took Brian to the store. Forget about trying to find a parking spot - he got dropped off at the door.

We open (and close) Nutcracker in two weeks and I may let Ruth watch a rehearsal one night for her first Nutcracker experience.

No comments: