Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Brand New Day

"Every time I open my eyes, these people have me somewhere new." That must be what Ruth is thinking on this trip. We are in Arkansas on the farm. We left Wednesday and drove to downtown Nashville and stayed the night there. Ruth was a great traveler. We had some trouble finding a hotel but once we got one, we then took Ruth on a walk...down Music Row. I had no idea that Nashville was seedy. Well, not really seedy just full of people trying to make it in the music business and all that comes with that. There were live shows at 2pm in the afternoon at every restaurant/bar on the strip. I felt a little silly walking with a stroller at 9pm at night but then, Ruth slept through it and it was a Wednesday night so it was pretty calm.

On Thursday we toured the Ryman Auditorium or, as it is also called, The Mother Church of Country Music. Very interesting. Ruth both danced and drooled on the stage. Then we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. After spending some time in the first aid office (for me to pump, no one was hurt), we walked a very tired and fussy Ruth around the flashy outfits and gold records. She fell asleep somewhere around the Hee Haw exhibit (much like I used to fall asleep during that show as a kid.) It was funny thinking back to how I used to hate to watch that show as a kid but loved reminiscing when at the museum.

After lunch at a BBQ place (Jack's BBQ) that apparently Ron White really likes and will be visiting this next week before his show, we got in the car and on the road to Memphis. We stayed outside Memphis in Germantown and drove the rest of the way to Memommy's and Granddaddy's on Friday.

So far Ruth has played with Tippy, my mother's dog, but has yet to see the cows up close. I think her talking and screaming have scared them away. We had breakfast in the new Sidney Cafe (that's right, you can actually eat and buy a pack of gum in town now.) She has been a great baby, even though we took her in the heat of the day to visit people. Everyone has enjoyed seeing her.

Tomorrow is church and then off to the aunt's (Ruth's, not mine) to visit.

1 comment:

The Berry Family said...

I demand a picture of Ruth at the Ryman. I know you have one. POST IT!