Sunday, July 20, 2008

Punk Rock Bath Time

There's an old wives tail that a pregnant mom with heartburn will have a baby with hair. Well Natalie lived up to that one completely. She had heartburn so bad we could light the grill if she burped. Everything gave her heartburn...even breathing. So when Ruth was born it came as no surprise that she had a head full of blond locks. Don't get me wrong, Ruth also has a lot of face (like her Daddy) but there is a lot of hair on top to play with.

We are in the transition stage where Ruth doesn't have enough hair to put anything in (like braids, ribbons, or bows) but it is long enough to comb and mess up. So we have a girl who looks like a boy and can get bedhead. However, I have begun to enjoy bath time because I have learned that shampoo makes a decent styling mousse without the commitment required for your child to 'go out in public looking like that'. So now when I give her a bath I start by molding her hair into some great creation that I find hilarious (of course) and then my laughing makes her laugh and by the end she is splashing all around and I am laughing - a good time is had by all (at Ruth's expense of course). I have done devil horns, bangs, front duck tail, swirly, the up and under (don't ask) and my personal favorite the punk rock do. I call it the Sid Vicious special. She seems to like it. If you have any suggestions please send them my way. I am running out of good ideas. Note: if your idea must be accompanied by a picture to be done correctly, I am too lazy to use it, so please refrain from posting it.

From the picture you can tell I have skills...I am thinking a salon in Hollywood in 2009. We may only get a carnival show for October but a man can dream.

1 comment:

The Montanaro's said...

the george washington: smooth all the hair forward into her face then take the ends and fold them back over toward the back of her head and push forward. It makes a roll of hair on the top of her head like those old white wigs that were popular back in the day. This is a fun pool activity for all those with hair. Sorry brian you won't be able to participate!