Monday, October 13, 2008

The Ballards and the Berrys

This is my friend Erika and her two children: Ashur and Aylin. (I hope I spelled them right, please comment if I did not and I will change them). It was so great to see them even if it was for a short time. Aylin is a month younger than Ruth. You can see how different there are in these pictures. Aylin seems content in every one and Ruth is either crying or borderline there. I love how she is checking out Ashur in some of them. And why not, he is a cute kid!

It was during this visit that I finally believe that Ruth has vision problems. From a good distance away Aylin saw me for the first time and smiled. I could tell she was really looking at me and could see me. Ruth never does that. Soon after I noticed in music class kids doing the same thing as Aylin and Ruth only looking at things close to her or at nothing in the distance. I have been a little sad. I used to love to make faces at babies and toddlers in the store and see how they would watch me and realizing that Ruth will probably not be able to do that is a little sad. But Brian and I are trying to remember that we have a beautiful little girl who is healthy for all intensive purposes. Please remember Adam Lewis in his fight against cancer. This three year old little boy is in remission early, praise be to God, but is having to continue cancer treatments.

And, yes, I realize I have the same picture twice. I couldn't delete it.






1 comment:

The Cram-Smith Family said...

Love the photos! It's hard to believe how much Ashur has grown since your wedding! Ruth looks as cute as ever. She gives some GREAT expressions... I'm excited to hear what she has to say!