Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thank You Ms Leigh Ann

Ms. Leigh Ann has just left my house on this beautiful Saturday. The weather has a slight chill in the air making me miss the football game days in Fayettville. Even though we always tell Ms. Leigh Ann how thankful we are, I wanted to publicly thank her again. I know she checks this blog as do others and want you all to know how blessed we are.

I have told you that the person Ruth was named for was my grandmother. That is not technically true. However, I just say that she was to save explaining the whole situation. Let me explain here. My mother's mother lived in Kansas when I was little and then when she moved to Arkansas, she wasn't able to do much because of strokes. My father's parents lived just three miles from us but weren't that emotional (I guess due to the times and also due to their natures). But the woman, Ruthel, and her husband, Stanley, who kept us became our grandparents. We called Ruthel Jenny for whatever reason and spent holidays with them. They kept all of my sisters and me when my mom was teaching at school and when we were sick. We would spent the night at their house sometimes and visit them all the time. Jenny was the best cook and was everything a grandmother should be. They didn't have any children so we became their grandchildren. We were in the eulogy (spelling?) at the funeral and even in the will. We carry their memory with us. I can still hear her laugh and remember how soft her hands were although worn from years of hard work. My earliest memory in life is at their house. (My sister Malory was patting my huge cheeks while I tried to sleep and Stanley from across the room said "Now, Malroy, you leave that baby alone." Malory did not comply.) We were so lucky to have been given Jenny and Stanley.

This brings us to Leigh Ann. She treats Ruth so well playing with her, reading to her, singing songs with her. She rocks her and does everything she needs. It is obvious how much she cares for Ruth in her actions and when she talks about Ruth. Ruth lights up when she sees her too which makes Brian and me feel good about leaving Ruth with Leigh Ann. Leigh Ann has opened her house to Ruth sharing with her the joys of living in the country, something we want Ruth to have since we both grew up in the country. Leigh Ann has a beautiful daughter of her own who will play with Ruth and gives her great care when she sees her. Ruth doesn't even cry when Leigh Ann's husband makes funny faces at her!! We are so blessed to have them in our daughter life.

Thank you for sharing in our joy over Ms. Leigh Ann. We love her!!!

1 comment:

The Cram-Smith Family said...

I had a Leigh Ann or Jenny myself. We called her "Nana" and her husband was my "Mr. George." She was the best!