Thursday, October 16, 2008

Little Pumpkin



Brian and I are still learning how to work around and through Ruth's albinism. Today at the pumpkin patch Ruth didn't want to look at the camera (partly because she was immersed in a sea of orange and partly because she could not see us very clearly from a distance. Brian pulled out a large umbrella from his truck to block the sun and the movement of the umbrella helped draw her eyes up to the camera.

Yesterday, we had a similar problem. We had her seven month pictures taken. I had been looking forward to this day for months. I had my pictures taken at seven months and Ruth was going to be wearing one of the same dresses I wore in my picture. And it was my birthday so I thought what a great day to have my baby's picture taken. Well, she didn't get a good nap in and the picture studio inside Target must have been at shift change because the women kept walking in and out of the room and bothered Ruth so much. Strangers dressed in black walking in and out of the door and around the room distracted her and upset her. Plus, the photographer kept trying to talk to Ruth and since Ruth could not see her very well, her voice also made her upset. Brian and I would get her to smile and then the photographer would make a sound and Ruth would cry. Needless to say, the pictures did not turn out as well as I had hoped. But, I think Brian and I have decided to purchase a good camera for me in the next few months and see what I can do. I have always wanted to be a part time photographer anyway and think I could do as good a job as they did yesterday.

No comments: