Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fever

We had to take Ruth to the doctor yesterday and she has an ear infection in one ear. She never really seemed sick except for fever one day last week and a runny nose and runny eyes. In addition, I came down sick yesterday.

I had felt bad starting around lunch but around 4pm I decided we would go on a walk. (No work due to picture week). When we got back from the walk I started to feel horrible. I was cold to the core and just felt awful. But Ruth was great playing a great deal on her own. Brian got home at 7:30 and I was in bed by 8:30, although I woke up several times in the night with body aches. This morning I caught myself kissing Ruth's eye, so I guess that is how I got sick. It became a habit for me to kiss her eyes and pray a short prayer when we first learned about her vision issue.

This morning I just feel so tired and sore. Ruth is doing great and just went down in her crib. She is really such a fun kid. She is saying okay now and it is very cute. She took 11 steps about two weeks ago but stills seems to enjoy crawling. She will walk a few steps at a time and thinks it is very funny.

I need to take this time while she is asleep to clean up a little. Everything is taking so much longer today since I still feel weak. I have to go to work today and I don't want the house to be such a disaster for Ms. Leigh Ann.

2 comments:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

It must be fever week. Both of my kids have been cruddy this week. Emma had fever and was totally lethargic on Saturday. Sunday, Alec wasn't feeling well. All Sunday night we were up with both of the kids. We were in TX for an alumni performance thingy that I was in, and also for celebrating the kids bday with Aaron's family. Drove back yesterday on no sleep, and today Emma is yucky again with the runny nose and eyes. I'm wondering if she has another ear infection too.

cschnuelle said...

Hope everyone is feeling better today! Thinking about you lots.
Connie