Friday, March 27, 2009

Mr. Sandman, Send Me A Dream

That was our thoughts last night when Ruth woke up shortly before 2am and would not go back to sleep when Brian put the paci in her mouth. I went in to rub her forehead and realized she was very hot. So I got her out of the crib and called to Brian to come and help. We stripped her down to her diaper and took her temperature under the arm. The way that child screamed you would have thought that we were part of the Others (from Lost) and were asking her to give us intel that would lead to the capture of her friends. She had a fever of 103 (once we added a degree). So we gave her medicine, changed her diaper and I tried to sleep with her in the big bed in her room. No luck. After an hour I put her back in the crib where she seemed to drift off and I got back in bed thinking I would never get back to sleep. Just as my eyes started to close and my mind started to forget all that had to be done today, Ruth cried out again. I got up with her and then Brian did and then I don't remembe what happened. I know I woke up several times thinking I would roll over on her (even though she was not in bed with us).

Needless to say I have been too exhausted to do anything that really needed to get done besides buy groceries. And tomorrow will be very busy with us shopping for new facuets in the morning, me attending a show in the afternoon and then the normal dinner and bath routine at night. Whew!!! In fact, Brian is at the gym right now and while I should be cleaning and/or working out myself, I am just lying in bed writing to you all enjoying the fact that Ruth is asleep.

No comments: