Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Week of Doctor's Appointments

Monday was the only day a member of our family has not graced a waiting room of a doctor's office this week.

On Tuesday, Ruth and I went swimming with our friends Candice (mommy) and Caroline (almost 2 year old). Candice is expecting in November so we had fun talking about our experiences. The girls loved splashing in the water.

That afternoon I took a baby who had not had an afternoon nap with me to my doctor's appointment. She actually did very well. Brian didn't get to make it to this appointment. All we did was listen to the heart beat and talk to the doctor for less than five minutes.

Wednesday was Ruth's six month check up at Emory Eye Clinic. We are on a every six month check up just to make sure nothing is changing with her eyes. Although we can't know for sure, the doctor projected that Ruth can see 20/30 or 20/40, which is MUCH BETTER than we were old originally by that horrible doctor last summer. Needless to say, we have switched doctor's to a more positive one (one who allows us to ask questions and answers our questions). Brian and I were saying yesterday that it is a good thing we can't remember that horrible doctor's name because we would bad mouth him to everyone. If anyone lives in our area and is looking for an eye doctor for your child, we will tell you which practice to avoid.

Today, Ruth had her 15 month check up and shots. She has screamed most of the morning about something or other. I am glad she is finally down for a nap and hope she sleeps awhile so I will want to be around her when she wakes up. I tell you, sometimes I just need a break. And today is one of those days.

Tomorrow we go for my ultrasound. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and done with the first trimester. With Ruth, we had this ultrasound done at 12 weeks and in my doctor's office and was told that she was going to be a girl. However, that tech no longer works there so we have been outsourced for this gig. I hope the tech tomorrow has as much experience as Ruth's tech did and can give us some insight to what the gender will be. I would like to start preparing for this baby.

Thank goodness for the rain we are getting today. And thank goodness babies need naps.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Yay! Out of the first trimester! Hope you are on your way to feeling much better! That is so wonderful about Ruth's vision. I am so so happy to hear that her prognosis is sooooooooooo much better. That is such an answer to prayer! Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow. Can't wait to hear more news!