Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Contrary to Ruth's belief, Dewayne Wade is NOT her Father

Ruth is big into pointing out things she recognizes and either making the sound the object makes (if an animal) or naming the object (such as a light)

When we returned from my doctor's appointment this morning I gave Ruth a snack of goldfish crackers to eat. She pointed to the fish on the package and started making the fish sound (bop bop bop - like air bubbles popping). I said, "That's right, a fish." She then pointed to the picture of Dewayne Wade, a black basketball player, on the package (it is goldfish and basketballs cheese crackers) and said, "Daddy!" I tried to assure her that Dewayne Wade was not her father but she would not hear it.

I guess she thinks all men are labeled 'daddy'.

She then pointed to the basketball and said "bubble." She names all round objects (bubbles, balls, the big red ball outside of Target) bubbles. Well, you can't win them all.




And I would pick Brian Berry over Dewayne Wade to be my baby's daddy any and every day of the week. No offense, Dewayne.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Yeah, I was having Emma turn the page of their nursery rhymes book, and she pointed at one of the five little monkeys and said "dada." awesome! Hey, we got the kids birthday package in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU! Seriously, I really appreciate your hard work and the outfits are adorable. I'll have to take a picture of them wearing them and post for you! :-)