Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good Morning, This is your 4am wake up call

Ruth woke up around 4am crying. Brian went to check on her and she calmed down just long enough for us to get comfortable and then cried again. This time I got up and again, she calmed down just to the point where we started to drift off to sleep. At 5:08am I told Brian I had had enough and just to get her out of bed. Besides, I was feeling sick and his alarm was about to go off so he could go to the gym.

After much crying, I was finally able to calm Ruth down enough to eat some breakfast in bed. When Brian left I entertained Ruth with books and then the most magical toy ever: the computer. If Ruth is fussy there is usually one thing that I can do to get her to calm down when all else has failed and that is looking at pictures, or better yet, videos of herself.

Once we stopped watching videos from this blog I took her to Alec and Emma's page to watch them dance and play with balls. And then we went to hulu.com and watched babies laughing and dancing and then turnd to Elmo for comfort. Now that she has her fix, she is playing with another one of her favorite toys on the floor: my bra.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

I'm glad we could help you out! :-)