Monday, June 9, 2008

Name That Tune

Natalie and I have begun playing a little game called 'Name That Tune' which actually stemmed from a previous game called 'Make Up a Tune'. We have discovered that music really does soothe the savage beast (you parents know what I am talking about). So we began making up words to the songs that we know. In fact, most of our conversations about the daily routines of life are somehow intertwined amongst show tunes (Natalie) and classic rock (Me). But then when we realize that the other person has no idea what song we are altering we stop and ask 'Don't you know that song?' Just for the record, it's hard to recognize any song by lyrics you don't normally hear with the tune. For example:



"Tonight there's gonna be a diaper check

In this one baby house

tonight there's gonna be diaper check

And were gonna check it out"



I really like the original Thin Lizzy version of Jailbreak. You probably recognize it from the Budweiser commercial where the dalmations all run away together....that's the one. Tough to recognize when you mention diapers isn't it? I am working on a good song about bathtime that is based on Stranglehold by Ted Nugent. What says bathtime better than a long-haired, deer hunting, gun-toting, redneck? I say nothing!

1 comment:

Kara and Travis said...

I love the blog! This will be a great way to keep up with you guys! I too make up words but to classic nursery rhymes that I don't like. Rock a Bye Baby...the poor kid falls out of the tree! What kind of soothing song is that?! ~Kara