Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rollin'...Rollin'...Rollin' on the Blanket

Ruth has a new trick: she rolls over from her back to her tummy but only on her left side. Once there, she kicks her legs up in the air and holds her head up. But after a few minutes, she starts to cry, and I have to roll her back on her back. As soon as I turn my back, she has rolled over again. This will continue several times until she finally starts crying as soon as she is on her tummy.

She has also begun big chuckles out loud in her sleep!!! I wonder what she is dreaming....could she be telling Daddy that he is rank?

Ruth is definitely in the fun stage. Her acid seems to be under control. She is eating well and stops when she is full. Although she can roll over, she cannot crawl so she is basically where I leave her. And she is smiling and talking a lot. It is so fun to play with her. She is taking naps between each feeding which allows me to get things done around the house. She has slept in her crib every night this week doing as well as she did in our room. Tonight, I am moving back into my bedroom and leaving her in the nursery by herself. I wonder if I will make it the entire night....
(Natalie)

1 comment:

The Cram-Smith Family said...

Thanks for posting on Jocelyn's blog! Ruth is so adorable and sounds like she is doing great! Jocelyn is in a "baby" phase...she loves babies and half the time doesnt realize she's one of them! She likes to take Ruth's birth announcement off of the fridge and carries it around the house, pointing to Ruth and saying "bubba, bubba." She does the same thing if she sees a baby on TV, or her reflection in the mirror. Tell Ruth that she is very popular in our house!