Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Words

It is time for us to get back to normal posts about Ruth. We will post updates on doctors visits and things but will focus on Ruth's developments and daily life.

Yes, it is true, Ruth said her first word on Friday at only five months old. Let me give you some background. Ruth really only cries now and pitches a fit when she is tired. This girl will fight sleep until she practically falls asleep mid-sentence. On Friday it was a typical day with me trying to put Ruth down for a nap and Ruth fighting me. She started to cry saying "unn gee, unn gee." Since she only says these words when angry, I can only assume that unn gee means angry. She has exercised her new word several times since then and every time it is during an angry fit.

To Ruth I simply say, "unn gee indeed. Unn gee."

4 comments:

Real Farmer said...

Nat, may I jsut say how blessed youare with such a beautiful baby. My dear friends nephew was born with his G.I. tract not intact, only to find out he also has trisomy 23 or Downs. He has been in the NICU of 16 weeks. Ruth will suprise you.....

Katherine Brown said...

Ruth's first word reminds me of the time you told me you were "Confused and a little angry" when Susan and I were having one of those "twin conversations" that didn't make any sense! haha.

The Cram-Smith Family said...

haha. Katherine's comment made me laugh. I LOVE Ruth's first word! I'm also glad to hear that your baby fights sleep. Mine too!

kelly said...

Remember to get Ruth to say "Go Hogs Go!", and not "Go Dogs Go". I know Georgia is ranked #1, but Ruthless is a Razorback!!!!