Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And We're Back


Sorry to be radio silent for so long. I took Ruth on her first plane ride. The two of us went to visit my family in Arkansas. Ruth did GREAT on the plane. She did not sleep, of course. But ate very well during take off and landing and did not cry. She did fuss a little but because she was bored. But there was no fit throwing or yelling. I was so proud. Here is a photo of Ruth (and me) with the pilots on our flight out there.



Today is Daddy's birthday. We took him to breakfast and went on a small hike and saw a deer and maybe a snake. Ruth sang to him all day long, although I don't know the version of "Happy Birthday" that she sang.

For those of you that have asked about her eating. Our appointment with the OT at the children's hospital went well. Ruth did not want to eat for her so she got to see what we were talking about. She said it was okay to distract her if that's what it took for Ruth to eat. I would like to tell you that Ruth rarely needs distraction now and has increased her eating on average 4 ounces a day!!! I have no idea what turned it around, but Brian and I are very excited.

4 comments:

cschnuelle said...

It was good to hear from you! I hope you had a good time in Arkansas. This wasn't a good weekend for either of us football-wise! Tell Ruth hello for me.
Connie

The Cram-Smith Family said...

I looks like Ruth is checking out that pilot! Uh oh,Daddy better keep an eye on her!

Katie said...

That's great... what a blessing!! Bella & I are flying out to Arkansas next month to see my family...

The Berry Family said...

I see that Ruth has a thing for older guys. I am calling Delta right now to have him released...