Friday, September 5, 2008

This Week With Ruth Berry


This photo was taken last week before the Hokies choked. (sorry, Brian). You can tell it is early in the game because Brian is smiling. Ruth has learned that if she wants to get away with anything, all she has to do is smile. She smiled plenty during the first quarter and Brian missed a good bit of the game smiling back at her.

Ruth and I have finally made peace with one another. She now sleeps during the day but I have to put her on the big bed with me and lie down with her. When she finally gets to sleep, I sometimes can move her to the crib and she will stay asleep. Night time is usually an easy transition to sleep but not tonight. She is still fussy next door. Today she has tried to chew everything and anyone in sight. And after a week of eating very well, today she has decided that she doesn't need to eat and has increased her activity level. Michael Phelps may be the fastest swimmer but Ruth Berry has been in training all day kicking her legs and turning her head side to side preparing for her Olympic race in 2032. She makes me tired just watching her.

Well, since she is still fussy I guess I should go be more proactive in getting her to sleep.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hilarious~ about Ruth training for the Olympics... Bella does the same thing... today someone asked me if she was crawling yet~ I said no, but described exactly what you did... "the swim"- she cracks me up when she does that...
Thanks for your sweet comment. We are thankful for you all~ I know we don't get to see eachother much, but I am glad to keep up with you all thru the blog.

cschnuelle said...

It as good to hear from this week. Hope all is going well. Miss you! Connie