Thursday, September 11, 2008

Holding Court

Sorry, no pictures. Today I had to go to the dermatologist to have a mole check. It was feeding time so I rushed in right before my appointment and pulled out a bottle to feed Ruth before I was called back to see the doctor. As you know, Ruth's eating is hit or miss. Today, it was a hit and not just in terms of the amount she ate. Ruth managed to capture the attention of a waiting room full (I would say around 15 people) where all but maybe 4 were over the age of 65.

All eyes and ears were on Ruth as she ate a little and then tried to talk with milk in her throat. She seems to really like gurgling liquid in the back of her throat. As I talked to one lady about Ruth's eating and how I had to give her a focus for her to finish a bottle, the whole room seemed to listen intent on the good baby in my lap. When she finished her five ounce bottle, some people let out little cheers. Ruth also proceed to show off when I burped her by giving me her infamous "mommy kisses". Ruth loves to take my face in her hands and either bite down on my chin or talk on my face so it sounds muffled. She was a great baby!

We have an appointment next Wednesday morning at Scottish Rite (the children's hospital) for them to observe me feeding Ruth to see what they think. I am sure that she will eat well just like she used to for the nurse when I was trying to get her to latch on. But we shall see.

Please don't forget to pray for little Adam Lewis. I can't even begin to imagine what he or his parents are going through and hope I never have to. His parents' names are Debbie and Mark. Join Adam's Army with me in lifting them up to our Lord for strength and healing.

1 comment:

The Cram-Smith Family said...

The mention of "mommy kisses" makes me feel nostalgic. Jocelyn gives real kisses now, but it's funny how much I miss those painful biting kisses.