Monday, September 8, 2008

More on Ruth

While Ruth seems to be doing very well, her eating has dropped off again. She was eating on average of 22 ounces a day and then dropped off to an average of 17 over several days. Yes, I think teething is an issue but when I called her GI doctor just be to sure, he was more concerned that we have to give her a toy to focus on to eat after she eats and ounce or two. So, we are being sent to Scottish Rite (the children's hospital) for evaluation. I don't know when this will be as they are very busy and will call us to schedule an appointment. However, right now my little girl is happily playing on the floor kicking her legs up behind her.

In other news, a friend of mine from college recently learned that her three year old boy has cancer. He is in Arkansas Children's Hospital getting treatment right now. Please, please, please pray for them. The boy's name is Adam and they are calling out for people to join Adam's Army in prayer and donations to research for children's cancer in your yearly giving.

1 comment:

The Cram-Smith Family said...

Keep us posted. Our prayers our out for your friend and Adam. I have never seen a tougher battle than the one a mother fights for her child. To quote Ashtyn's mom on one particularly confrontational day in the hospital... "I dont care if they think I'm a b****. I'm not here to win Miss Congeniality, I'm here to make sure my daughter gets well." We will pray for strength for Adam and his parents.