Monday, December 29, 2008

Silent Night (or silent morning,please go to sleep)

Yes, you guessed it, Ruth is resisting nap time next door. Here is a picture of Ruth wearing a dress from at least 1971. My sister Malory wore it in her seven month photos. Ruth is almost 10 months but the dress still fits.

Ruth has put two things in her mouth that has caused me to have to dig them out. The first was a leaf that had blown in from the outside. I may have told you about this in the last post. I saw her chewing something and could see something brown in her mouth. After coughing and then vomiting, I could see it on the roof of her mouth. I worked with her until her tongue moved it to the front and when I pulled it out she thought this was very funny.

This morning I saw Ruth chewing and blowing bubbles in her room. I pulled what looked like half of a paper clip out of her mouth. I don't know where this came from except maybe from clothing or toy wrapping. Needless to say, I have to watch this kid like a hawk. And now I must go stick the paci back in her mouth. The glamorous life of a part time working mother.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

I pulled a leaf out of Emma's mouth twice. I freaked out...she wondered what the heck mom was squawking about. Anyways, we are still in TX enjoying family. The only reason I'm ready to get home is to get my babies back on schedule. I know you know what I'm talking about. Naptime is touch and go. : ) Sleeping at night has become a joke for them. I'm just trying to keep them quiet so no one else wakes up. At home I'd let them wail a while and remember how to calm themselves back down. Hopefully they'll submit when we get back to their cribs...hopefully.