Friday, September 11, 2009

The Adventures of Ruth

Ruth had her 18 month appointment on Tuesday morning. She is now up to 20 pounds and 12.8 ounces. This raises her from the 5% in weight to the 6%. However, she is in the 80% for head size. I guess from the post about Ruth asking to be taken to the mirror and pronouncing that she is cute is enough to tell us all that Ruth as a big head.

Wednesday evening the Sears repairmen came to my house. My husband was able to get the microwave up by himself but it took two of them to take it down and put it up. I am sure one could do it but that it made it faster. Ruth and I watched as they used electric screwdrivers to unscrew all the many screws to take it apart. As they lifted the back off the microwave, Ruth said, "Ta-da!"

One of the Sears men cut himself and bled on my kitchen rug. Now, it wasn't that much blood but even at the doctor's office if you have a band-aid with blood on it they put it in a special trash can. So I called Sears and filed a damage report. We are buying a new rug and are awaiting Sears to tell us if they will pay for it. Don't hold your breath.

Friday mornings are a little crazy at our house. Fridays are the day I step out of the mommy role and go be a "real" person at KSUand teach a lecture class. As Brian and I were getting ready for work this morning, Ruth did her usual go between her room with puzzles and our room to talk to us. At one point when she was in her room, she started yelling for us but we couldn't understand what. I walked into her room to find that she had crawled up on the big bed and from there crawled up on the changing table. She was sitting there, reaching for the wipes saying "dy-per".

Great, my child not only climbs but apparently feels that her diaper needs to be changed when barely damp.

2 comments:

SOUTHERNFRYDE said...

That just means she's ready to start potty training!

Alec & Emma Davis said...

um, yeah...that's what i was thinking!!! here's a challenge: get her out of diapers just in time for grayson to get here! JUST KIDDING! i know you need a little more stress, right?!

by the way, your Ruthie is as teeniny as my Emma. is nice to know that my child is not the only one that is super dainty for her age!