Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sears and Nap Time

Really, Ruth? After almost 18 months of life you still have to throw a fit at nap time? I am updating the blog, trying to get my frustration out before (or IF) the repairman from Sears ever shows up to our house to fix our less than two month old microwave.

This summer our old microwave, the one that came with the house, died. It was no surprise. I am sure it had been here the life of the house which is about 11 years if I remember correctly. It had been giving us clues for about six months that it was making arrangements for its final days. We bought a Kenmore, against both of our better instincts. The reason: everything else in the kitchen is a Kenmore so another Kenmore will match. But after the trouble we had with our fridge, multiple trouble, I had my doubts.

And now here we are, less than two months later and Saturday morning the microwave went out. And to make matters worse, Sears (fill in your favorite cuss word ever) gives us a time of 8am to 5pm of when they will be here. It is now 3pm, Ruth and I had to cancel our appointment today at Mother's Club and still no Sears man has called When I called Sears and got someone who I am sure was sitting at a desk in another country to ask if they could give me a more specific time, I was told "no" and that she would have the repairman call me. That was over two hours ago. Still no call.

Even though my father-in-law worked for Sears until early retirement, I think he wouldn't mind me saying this next statement: I HATE SEARS!!!!!! I will not shop there or at K-Mart and will gladly tell them why, if they had the customer service to listen or care.

Customer Service, if you are wondering, is something that existed in the old days when companies felt they owed their consumers a quality product with quality service. Now, companies want your money without having to deal with you.

I am off my soapbox.

3 comments:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

That stinks! I hope you didn't wait around and cancel appts for nothing! I'm not a fan of Sears or K-Mart either.

The pictures are great. Does she actually take bites out of apples? Wow! She is looking like such a big girl!

I absolutely LOVE the family picture in the park. You guys all look great...especially you, Mama! :-)

Tonia said...

$%&# Sears!

By the way, you are such a cute little pregnant lady!

SearsCare said...

To Ruth Berry,
I am very sorry to hear of these issues with your microwave. Service is normally very good and timely. I am especially concerned that the microwave is having issues so soon after purchase. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team and we would like to make sure this issue is taken care of to your satisfaction. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (Ruth Berry) used to post here for reference to this issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.


Thank you,

Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares