Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

First, I want to tell you I love rain. I grew up learning not to curse the rain (farming community) except if hay had been cut. My dad always liked to gamble with the weather and cut more hay than he could bail in a day. Seems almost every year we would lose at least some hay to rain because of this.

But today it is me who is losing the game to weather. We planned a yard sale 2 weeks ago, advertised in the paper and waited. It has rained all week. Our yard sale started at 8am. No rain when we woke up. Brian and I had stayed up late getting ready. He built a sign for the road, we finished setting up the garage, Ruth and I ran to the grocery store for balloons. At 8am, it started to rain. So far we have only had three customers but have made $126 (this does not count the $20 of expenses that we have already paid our selves back). But our garage is still full of stuff. One customer told us that we should put the ad on Craig's List for free and then have it again next Saturday. We shall see. We have several more things that we would like to see sell so we can evaluate during the week.

Ruth is now down for a nap and the rain is comining and going. Brian and I are going to enjoy the quiet of the rain and each other's company. If you are in the area, come on by and see us. I'll make a pot of tea.

No comments: