Monday, September 7, 2009

Pictures from Arkansas in July

For those of you who know me, you know that I am not an animal person. The fact that Brian says I am a founding member and president of NAPO (Natalie Against Pet Ownership) is an understatement. I grew up on a farm surrounded by animals. Animals in the house make me nervous (sorry homeowners with pets) because I know what messes animals make - similar to children. So of course, God gave me a child who loves animals. When we are out, I let her talk to and pet animals because I don't want my dislike of animals to influence her. My parents have outside animals and Ruth loved playing with them. She would just hug and hug the kitty. I love the expression on the cat's face.













This is my friend Kara and her son Eston. He is nine months older than Ruth but seemed ages older. We had great weather that day and the kids played outside blowing bubbles and playing with balls. Remember, it is a farm and farm equipment is what you see in the background - along with my mother's English inspired garden.

















These pictures were taken at the lodge where we stayed while Memommy (my mother) was at her library meeting. I had purchased Ruth this cute little tutu for cheap and she enjoyed wearing it around the hotel room. It has been in her closet ever since.
For my dancer friends, don't you love the parallel attitude in second. Pretty good form, I think. Knee and toes seem to be in the same line. However, she learned this move watching Daddy and this was during a phase when she thought standing on one leg was the coolest trick. That, sadly, has now passed. How quickly they move on to new tricks.


















2 comments:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Great pix! I want arms like Ruth, btw. Dang, that girl's got guns!
:-)

Kara and Travis said...

Thank you for posting those pics! I'm going to steal them and post them myself. However, I am so hunched over...got to work on my posture!