Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hormones Talking

As I update this blog, my sweet husband is sleeping next to me and my daughter is asleep in her room. The house is quiet except for my typing and our humidifiers. It is peaceful. Grayson and I are awake. He is kicking probably due to the massive amount of dark chocolate chips I ate today. Come to think of it, that may be why I am wide awake at the late hour of 10pm.

Ruth had her 18 month check up today. Brian was able to go with us. I was so glad. The nurses always have a ton of questions for you and forms to fill out so you can't give your full attention to your child who is either trying to get into stuff or who needs comforting. In addition, Ruth is in a Daddy phase. At dinner she will only let Daddy help her. I tried to help her tonight since I was done eating (I started before everyone else) and Brian was trying to eat. She would hold out her fork and say "Daddy" and I would try to take the fork and say "I'm happy to help." Ruth would pull the fork away from me and re-extend it to Brian. Oh well. The two of them enjoy each other so much who am I to get in the way. Besides, it gives me a break. And I am the one who gets to "wing" with her in the afternoons on the front porch as we watch the "kool bas" (school buses) go by all the while singing on demand and changing mid verse from "The wheels on the bus" to "the horn on the bus", "the wipers on the bus", "the kids on the bus", "twinkle", "itty-bitty" (itsty-bitsy spider), to "speak a speak" (the theme song to Martha Speaks). I have gotten pretty good at being a quick change singer.

In the words of the characters in the movie Hope Floats, my cup runneth over. (yes, I know this is from the Bible too).

My cup runneth over and over and over.....

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I hope you were finally able to get some sleep last night. I love the 'kool bas.'