Sunday, September 20, 2009

Game Day

Football season can be so crushing. Yesterday, during Brian's afternoon Virginia Tech game, he was frustrated and disappointed during most of the game until the last two minutes when VT pulled out a win. I was excited most of the first quarter, scared the second quarter, hopeful the third quarter, and sleeping and then ticked the fourth quarter. And that, folks, is college football.

As I update this blog, all three of us are in bed. Ruth is sitting on Brian's stomach singing and bouncing. Poor Brian is trying to sleep. We have decided to stay home from Sunday school and only go to church today. Brian is too tired and I, frankly, don't want to hear people who didn't even go to Georgia go on and on about how great they are (when we all know that Georgia is overrated).

But I digress.

I thought it would be fun to see pictures of Ruth and Brian from GAME DAY (it is in all caps because it is the first game of each season) from this year and the last year. How Ruth has changed.


The game heats up against Alabama.
Things are looking good at this moment.


Look how little Ruth looks in Daddy's lap last year!!!! Ruth and I took a nap during the second half of this game.

This is still her favorite seat in the house.

3 comments:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

They sure grow too fast, don't they?

Tonia said...

She gets cuter & cuter every day.

Alec & Emma Davis said...

1)I can't believe I run either! If someone would have told me 5 years ago...heck, even 1 year ago, that I'd take up running, I'd tell them they were nuts. But I had to find something to do for cardio, and just to try to tone back up. I've felt like a slug and I would take ballet if there were any convenient class times or I'd go to the gym if it wasn't a logistical circus to get the kids in to the childcare. So...running at the crack of dawn it is.

2) I'm just now coming out of the "baby fog," so I feel compelled to accomplish some chores that have gone on the back burner since April 2008. They're good nappers...that is really the ONLY thing that makes gardening possible.

3) She wouldn't have been a "house" dog if the pet adoption people wouldn't have flat out lied about her predisposition to shedding INTENSELY every summer. But alas, the price I pay in cleaning is worth having her around. She's very sweet and a great guard dog.

4) There are two Targets here and a studio I can hook you up with. Move on up! :-)