Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back to Work

I have been forgetting to tell you that I am starting work on Tuesday at a new studio, of sorts. My non-compete contract expired on July 17 and I really have been more focused on being pregnant, a mom and a wife (unfortunately, in that order) and am now just getting around to posting about the new job.

I was offered a job at another studio in the county in the spring but decided to turn it down. I am really burned out on the studio experience and wanted something new. I had contacted a church with a dance ministry in early April and it worked out that they offered me a job. I will be teaching three classes for them on Tuesday nights. They have over 620 students, most of them little kids, of course. I am teaching 12 year olds and up. Their focus is to honor God with dance. Yes, I will be teaching ballet technique. But unlike studios where the purpose is to make money, the dance ministry's purpose is to spread the word of God. I am really looking forward to the experience. I truly enjoyed working for a Christian based studio three years ago and hope to rekindle my love of teaching and ballet in this setting. I did take a pay cut but am more than happy to do it for a better working environment. I have had very little income this summer, and we have done just fine. I will be teaching at KSU in the fall as well. This "studio" job is really for me to get out of the house and be me and to rediscover my love of ballet.

Let's just hope that I am not disappointed. Then I might have to start my own grocery shopping business!!!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I hope this works out for you! Sometimes all you need is a break and a new working environment to remember why you love doing what you do.