Monday, August 17, 2009

What a Week

It has been several days since I have updated the blog. Since then, my dad has been in the hospital pretty much the entire time with a kind of tick fever. And apparently he is being pretty mean, partly due to the drugs they are giving him. Brian and I had a much needed date and we had guests in for the weekend.

Late Friday night my friend from graduate school, Erika, and her family came in for a great visit. She has a four year old little boy, who Ruth just loved, and a little girl one month younger than Ruth. The girls had opposing nap schedules and really only got to play together a little on Saturday but shared a most amusing bath time. Her husband Matt and Brian enjoyed playing guitar hero on Saturday night after her son Ashur let them play something besides car races.

It is always nice to catch up with someone who "knew you when" and Erika always has such great insight and it is fun to talk to someone about ballet that has "lived to tell about it". Brian is great at listening and giving advice, but I don't know if he has ever done a successful pirouette. And Erika has.

I have some great photos that I will try to upload soon. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Tonia said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with Erika. I'm sure you needed that! I know its hard for other people to understand why we do what we do. They don't get the passion, hard work and hell we put ourselves through for dance..and its hard for us to explain to anyone other than a dancer. It's good you got some time to be able to do that with Erika.

Alec & Emma Davis said...

yeah yeah...pictures! :-) glad you guys got to hang out!

is the plan still in motion to have the reunion? which weekend in april is it???

cschnuelle said...

Hope your Dad is better!