Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

We have been so fortunate to have good weather this summer during the month of July. Even when we were in Arkansas the weather was mild. However, this week the weather has decided to rear its summer head and today will be the second day we have had over 90 degrees in weeks. And today we are not going to have any air conditioning.

We are having our vents cleaned today. And this company won't be here until 10am. When I expressed my concern over how hot the house would be, the lady on the other end didn't seem to care. Apparently, although they schedule these appointments, they don't schedule at the customer's convenience. I guess they figure the cable company can get away with it so they can too. Ruth and I will have to be here today while this event is happening. Ruth is going to be upset. She hates the vacuum cleaner so imagine how upset she will be with men in our house and the vents covered up like the scene in ET when the house is engulfed in plastic. Further, how much fun is it going to be to be pregnant in all this heat. I don't know how the ladies before AC did it. I am hoping to put water in the blow up pool we have but it is supposed to rain today, but stay hot at the same time.

Ruth has added some new words to her repertory. The first is wonderful: help. She will say "help, help" when she needs help. This is great. I now know she needs help and is willing to accept it. The second is "read". She will bring me a book and say "read" but she usually doesn't stay around for me to finish the book. She used to sit still for books but now is usually off running to get something else after a few pages. The last word I will share with you is "dang". Yes, she learned this from me. She will say dang when something goes wrong. Very funny. However, she will also say dang and giggle and giggle and bait me to say it too. We just look at each other and laugh and say dang to each other for minutes. Brian doesn't think this is as half as funny as Ruth and I do.

Tomorrow we are going to Savannah for the weekend. Brian has a career fair for Target that he has to do and we are going with him. The first night we are staying at this very nice hotel across the street from the famous park. Ruth and I, if Ruth is willing, of course, are going to have a photo shoot Thursday night. Brian will be at his dinner. I would love to get some shots of Ruth playing in the park, but since Ruth is very attached to me and even more so when she sees a camera, I doubt it will occur.

On Friday afternoon we are switching hotels and staying on Tybee Island. We have a one bedroom rental at a "yacht club" for cheaper than a hotel room. It is right on the ocean!! I am very excited. We will beach in the morning and kiddie pool in the afternoon after Ruth's nap.

The vent cleaning people are here. Let's hope Ruth gets her nap out this morning and let's hope this doesn't take 5 -6 hours like they projected!!!

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

ugh...what a day! i feel for you. i would just spend the day in the baby pool! hope it doesn't rain!