Monday, August 10, 2009

No Sleep at this house

Ruth has been waking up and crying every few minutes since 3am. We put her down a little late, almost 9pm. She woke up the first time at midnight but went back to sleep soon after I went in to give her a paci. Then she woke up at 3am. Brian went to help her. Ten minutes later or so I went in when she started crying again. Then I went in again 30 or so minutes later and just got her out of bed to hold her. She sat straight up inmy arms and pointed to the big bed in her room and said "there". I just brought her to bed with us. Brian went downstairs (after having Ruth sleep part of the night with us each night in Savannah, he wasn't in favor of doing this at home and went downstairs to work on the computer since he was wide awake). After close to an hour of Ruth still not sleeping, I put her back in bed and we have been suffering her crying every 10 minutes or so. It is hard. I know she just wants to be held and I really want to go in and hold her and snuggle. But if I do that, then every night will be this same thing and before you know it Brian and I will be sleeping with Ruth instead of each other.

During that hour that Ruth and I were in bed together, it was nice. A couple of times she crawled up on me, as much as she can with my belly that looks like I am seven months pregnant, and snuggle into me and start to drift off to sleep. I would have let her too. I was enjoying her soft, warm, little body, but Ihave heartburn so bad and have had it for hours. I don't know if the heartburn is tearing my insides apart or if Grayso is pressing up against my ribs but I have some pretty bad pain right where my ribs start to separate. I don't think it is Grayson because he shouldn't be big enough yet.

How will I make it to December?

3 comments:

Tonia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonia said...

I can't imagine how hard it is to just let her cry. It's the right thing to do because otherwise you'll always be sleeping with her...I have 2 parents in my office that still sleep with their kids in between them & their husbands....their kids are 7 & 8. Are you kidding me?

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Sending happy sleep vibes your way! I feel for both situations...the lack of sleep and the pregnancy. At this very moment, sleep is thoroughly evading my very tired daughter. Alec, on the other hand, is happily dozing through it.