Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stories About Ruth to Pass the Time

I woke up at 5am when Brian got out of bed to head to the gym. I feel sick this morning so to get my mind off of it, I am updating the blog, hoping Ruth will sleep until 6:30 am.

Last Wednesday when we (Ruth and I) were in the grocery store, once she finished her cookie she decided that she wanted to walk and push the cart instead of ride in the car in front of the cart. She did pretty well only derailing from the path at the butter where she decided every brand needed to be moved over one place to the right. Then, when we were in the frozen food isle with freezers on both sides of us, Ruth decided that she would show me how she could run and ran down the isle shouting "running!" pumping her arms just like a track star. It as pretty funny but hard to catch her.

Since we have returned from Arkansas, Ruth has pretty much become my kid. Before our trip, when Brian would come home from "wurk" she would cry until he picked her up and then be attached to him all night. Now, she is more balanced even wanting me some of the time.

Let me give you an example of one of our recent conversations. Yesterday as I fixed her lunch Ruth peeped around the corner and began this interaction:
"Hi, mommy!"
"Hi, Ruth."
"Hi, mommy!"
"Hi, Ruth."
"Hi, momeeeeeee!"
"Hi, Ruthieeeeeeee."

This continued about 6 - 8 more times.

Well, Ruth has now cried and is awake. She is sitting very calmly next to me but who knows how long that will last.

No comments: