Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas Bells Are Ringing

We spent Christmas Day here at our house. It was so nice to get up, cuddle with Ruth and feed her in bed and run down the stairs and open presents and then have a big breakfast. Yes, there were a lot of "and's" in that sentence. So what, this is my blog and if I want to have a lot of "and's" I will. And I do.

Here are some pictures of our day.

Ruth in her new "jazz pants" and Christmas top. I thought she looked so much like a dance teacher in this outfit. I used to wear stuff like this all the time. She is stretching in second position. We are still working on jazz hands...Elmo is trying to help her.

Please excuse my outfit and how I look. This was in the middle of the afternoon after a walk and playtime. Ruth is holding on to the "barre" and showing off her extension a la seconde. Wish some of my students had her extension.

Ruth bouncing with the zebra. She can get off the zebra by herself but mostly just wants to stand in front of him. I thought I would be one of those moms who wrote down every milestone the day it happened. But life just got busy, and I didn't. She started pulling up sometime after Thanksgiving and now cruises everywhere and all the time.


Ruth with Daddy on Christmas morning.

This is a dress my sister Malory wore when she was Ruth's age back in 1971. Ruth is pictured here on December 28 waiting on Mommy and Daddy to get ready for church.

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

LOVE the Christmas pictures, and especially the one of you helping Ruth with her a la seconde! It's awesome that she has your feet. I can't wait to see her in a tutu! : )