Saturday, January 10, 2009

That's What Friends Are For


When I was five years old I came home talking about a little white haired boy named Jeff who shortly thereafter became my best friend remained one of them until his untimely death on February 5, 2006, only a few shorts months before my wedding. He left behind three very beautiful kids as well as a wife equally as beautiful. I know Jeff would have gotten a kick out of seeing Ruth with his kids. He always was very focused on family and loved kids.

Here is a picture of Ruth from before Christmas taken at church (in Arkansas) with Jeff's three kids (Chuckie, Brandon and Maddie).

3 comments:

The Cram-Smith Family said...

I remember how sad you were when Jeff passed away...I'm sure this picture creates a special memory for you!

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Hey, glad you're back! I've enjoyed reading about your holiday travels, etc. I can totally relate to the schedule issues that come with traveling/visiting people! I'm trying to decide what I want to do about teaching. Right now, I teach a few hours on Fridays, but I'm also looking at teaching modern and ballet on another night of the week or two. I really miss it, but everytime I think about being away from the twins and missing stuff, I get sad. Hmmm...what to do!

The Berry Family said...

I really enjoy this picture and am glad that Natalie put it on the blog. So much so that I put it on the digital frame that we gave our parents. Jeff's oldest (Brandon?) has such good posture and is so considerate of Ruth and Natalie when we were taking this picture. Nothing like you would expect from any other boy his age. They are really good kids. I wish I could have known their dad.