Friday, January 9, 2009

Time Keeps on Ticking Into The Future

Hello All!!!

Sorry for the radio silence. We traveled to Virginia on New Year's Day and came back last Sunday. I learned that grandparents are grandparents no matter if they are my parents or Brian's. Ruth is just now getting back on somewhat of a schedule, although she seems to have dropped the last nap of the day.

Many of you may have thought that Brian's Elmo post made me nervous to post. I will say that while Brian may be gifted with posting humorous blogs, I post the most emotional, thus giving you more of a window into our little Ruth's daily world.

Since I don't have a lot of time at the moment, I will just give you a few highlights and then try to post again over the weekend.

Ruth has learned how to play peek-a-boo without help. On the drive back from VA, I would hold up a burp cloth over my face and say "where is mommy" and then pull it off and say "there she is!" Then Ruth took it out of my hands and covered up her face. When I asked "where's Ruth," Ruth pulled the cloth down smiling.

Ruth has also learned to applaud for herself. If she does something that warrants me saying "yeah Ruth" and/or clapping, Ruth will look at me, smile, and then give herself a round of applause. This delights us greatly.

I started teaching at Kennesaw State University this week. I am teaching dance history and ballet 3. I must say that with my meeting on Tuesday and work on Thursday, our trip to Atlanta on Wednesday for her class at CVI, and then sewing class today, it feels like I don't see Ruth anymore. She seems to have grown so much this week and doesn't have the same baby features that she did this time last week. She seems like a big kid and it is quite sad. And even though I enjoyed teaching on Thursday so much, I have caught myself thinking today "is it really worth it?"

I am sure other moms can identify with this thought.

We did get to see my friend Erika and her two children last Thursday on our way to VA. I will try to post pictures soon.

No comments: